I think it's a great end of year project to do, because it gives students a chance to show off the knowledge and skills they've acquired during the school year. We will be presenting these projects to families and community members in about 3 weeks time.
I look forward to showing off some of the exemplary (and even not so exemplary) projects here on the blog, but for now, I'm going to list some resources for anyone out there who is thinking about doing science fair projects. So here you go:
- Elementary School Science Fair Project Ideas
- Science Fair Projects by Scientific Discipline
- 200 Science Fair Projects: A neat little pdf document that I'm using today in class.
- Science Fair Project Ideas: Another pdf full of ideas
- Elementary Science Fair Planning Guide: I consider this to be the best resource I came across online. In fact, the document I created for my 5th grade is based on pages from this pdf document.
- My Science Fair Document: I made some changes to the document listed above, and added my own things to it. This is what we're using for our science fair.