Wednesday, June 20, 2012

My Restaurant: A Great 5th Grade Writing Project

Every year, I do a project called "My Restaurant," a great writing activity in which students envision their own restaurant, and must do a variety of activities, from planning the layout, hiring employees, making a menu, and learning to write checks. The main writing essay that goes with the project is a persuasive essay, but can be easily adapted. The attached document is provided in both .docx and .pdf (I keep having issues with Google Docs slightly changing the formatting, so if you download that format, make sure you look over the document before printing). This is a simple, yet effective project that can span days or even weeks, and is a great activity for students to work on during their down time.

Download My Restaurant in .docx format HERE

Download My Restaurant in .pdf format HERE

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments on this blog will be moderated, please stay on topic and refrain from using profanity. Spam will simply be ignored.