Wednesday, August 15, 2012

The First Day

Today was an eventful and all around fantastic first day of school. I started the morning with 22 students and ended up at 24. When you consider that I've had as many as 33 in past years, 24 is a great number. They were well behaved, listened, and seemed genuinely excited to learn about factor trees and pre-Columbian history. Of course my well laid plans for the first day fell short, but like many of us, I believe it's better to over plan and have stuff spill over to another day than to under plan and be stuck with nothing to do (especially at the beginning, you don't want your new students to see this happen).

It's funny, for someone who is definitely into technology, I didn't even get to turn on a computer or projector today, but that's ok. It was a great day, and I'm definitely excited to be back. I hope everyone out there has a great beginning to the school year, whenever that day may come.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments on this blog will be moderated, please stay on topic and refrain from using profanity. Spam will simply be ignored.