Sunday, July 1, 2012

Learning About the Seven Continents Quickly and Easily

Here's a simple post with a simple premise, the seven continents. You'd be surprised how many fifth graders (pretty much most of them) don't know the seven continents, or think that Texas and California are both continents.

I'm going to keep this nice and easy. I don't really have a lot of extra time to teach the continents, but I like for that content to get taught. So, I'll have my students practice by playing the Continent Names game over at PlayKidsGames.com. Next up, I will have them listen to this rap called "The Continents Song." It's a little infectious, easy to pick up, and within a week, the kids know the names of the seven continents. That was easy!


No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments on this blog will be moderated, please stay on topic and refrain from using profanity. Spam will simply be ignored.