Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Make Your Images Interactive: Thinglink

If you hover over the logo for my blog, you'll see some different colored dots pop up. If you click a dot, it will take you to the page for the subject that the dot is next to. This was done thanks to Thinglink. Thinglink is a web tool that makes your images interactive.
If your understanding of coding is limited like mine, you might not be able to map images correctly. This tool makes it very simple to make your images interactive with links. I made this example with the city map of my hometown, Las Cruces. It's very simple. I uploaded my picture, created dots where I wanted them, and connected links to those dots.



Thinglink has a free account option, and so far it's been everything I've needed.

On a more personal note, I had some issues getting Thinglink to work in my blog. It was a technical issue due to the way the coding in Blogger works. I used technical support, and within 24 hours had a very detailed answer. The technician went through the steps to recreate my issue, and then fix it. He then sent me the code to fix the issue. It was awesome. I highly recommend Thinglink, it's a great service.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments on this blog will be moderated, please stay on topic and refrain from using profanity. Spam will simply be ignored.